I really don’t understand those people who bash others for cursing. I don’t curse but that doesn’t mean no one else is allowed to. Trying to force your beliefs down someones throat is disrespectful no matter what religion you are.
You do not have to believe in the same thing as everyone else, and everyone else does not have to believe the same thing as you.
Since Sage is being used way too much, I decided to make a post about this c:
- This is a fantastic alternative! Burn Rosemary incense, sprinkle rosemary around.
- use Rosemary oil to cleanse and bless things
- Great for removing negativity (spirits and fae specifically) and keeping harm away, while attracting positive things
- You can burn it, you can create a scent bowl with it (like potpourri), or you can sprinkle it around your house
- Always has been associated with cleansing and blessing.
- you can sprinkle it around the house, put it in water and sprinkle things with salt water~ you can also use salt water like you would use essential oils
Olive oil or Vegetable oil
- Great for using in place of essential oils~
- You can use these for blessing and cleansing stones, items, and such
- to bless and protect your home with these, you need to place the oil upon doors and windowsills (you can draw symbols)
Crystals (Quartz crystals)
- Quartz Crystals are great for absorbing energy and negativity
- place a few quartz crystals around the home to help absorb negative energy
- hold an item with a quartz crystal to cleanse it
- Leave a jar of water outside to soak in sunlight, moonlight, or star light to become blessed.
- Collect fresh river water, spring water, creek water, ect (sea water is great too)
- sprinkle the water around the house to cleanse it.
- Dip an item in the water to cleanse it
Bell or an instrument
- The vibrations and sounds of instruments are associated with cleansing properties
- Walk around the home playing the item and letting the noise vibrate through the home
- hold an item and play for it to cleanse it~
- Need to cleanse an item? Bury it! I keep a pot of dirt in my house just for this~
- get bottles of dirt and place them around your home to collect and absorb the negativity
- Take an item and go outside let it sit in the wind to blow away the negativity
- Candles are fantastic for clearing negative energy. Leave an item by a candle, take a candle and walk around your home lighting up every part of the house.
- A fire place is great. you can burn different woods in it to cleanse your home
- Get a herb that cleanses and purifies and rub it upon an item
- you can sprinkle these herbs around the house~
Remember how happy I was with the first one….yeah turns out I was a little full of myself that day. After painting it and putting him in his box (not the one pictured above) I hated it. So this is the second Hermes. The boyfriend has possession of the first one now as he saved him from the rubbish bin. I let this one set for two days and I did end up making changes to him in those two days, so from now on I think I’m going to have a two day rule about baking. Painted pictures will be coming soon.
My suggestion to anyone who has post-101 questions is to go to ecauldron(.net). Seriously. It’s really hard (I could say impossible) to find such a consistently intelligent, respectful and helpful group of people discussing Pagan shizz on the Internet and I feel like not enough people know that it’s a resource.
Even if you don’t want to ask a question, looking through the archives is really interesting and helpful.
Free Today: Kindle Book on Healing in a modern pagan tradition.
Free Today: Kindle Book on Water in pagan, magical, and witchcraft traditions.
IT’S TIME FOR GIVEAWAY #2
- 2013 Llewellyn’s Witches’ Calendar
- 2013 Llewellyn’s Witches’ Companion: An Almanac for Contemporary Living
- 6 votive candles
- 1 glass votive candle holder
- 6 tumbled stones
- Small bag of pine chips
- Small bag of dried mugwort
- Small bag of frankincense resin
- Small bag of dried thyme
- Tumbled stone necklace
- You must be following at least one of my blogs (pisces-witch and pisces-reverie). If you follow both of them you’re allowed 2 separate entries.
- You must be at least 13 and if you’re under 18 you need your parent’s permission to enter. By entering you are agreeing to these terms.
- You must fill out the entry form correctly and completely.
- You may only use ONE blog to enter.
- Your blog must be a legitimate blog that you use. NO giveaway blogs.
- Your ask box must be turned on at the time the contest ends.
How to enter:
Fill out the entry form found HERE. This is a Google docs form. I’ve resorted to using this method of entry because of the issues I had with Tumblr in my last giveaway.
You are allowed an entry for each blog of mine that you follow (2 total entries for this)
You are allowed an unlimited number of entries for reblogging this post. Every time you reblog the post, go and submit the form again, adding the URL for the reblog. You get ONE entry PER reblog, with no reblog limits.
Deadline: December 25th, 2012 10:00AM (EST)
Entry form: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEdyNi1CN3ZQT0dTZ2o2c1lGZ3FhZVE6MQ
If you have any questions feel free to message me!
Good luck everyone! :]
EDIT: GUYS! Some of you are cheating yourself entries in the giveaway. I just want to make it clear…You get 2 entries JUST FOR FOLLOWING MY BLOGS. You do not need to post a reblog URL in these 2 entries. The URL question isn’t required to submit the form, so the first 2 times you enter don’t put a reblog URL. After you get your entries for following then you can add your reblog entries. Sorry for any confusion!
probably should have read the end before I entered. I put my reblog url in when I didnt need to. Oh well.
Witches & Pagans of Tumblr, kindly reblog so I can follow you!